Discover your family history at Macquarie Regional Library with many resources to assist you.
- Look through books full of tips on how to research your family history, and published local and family history books and pioneer registers.
- Study genealogical resources including historical births, deaths & marriages records and indexes, immigration & convict records, electoral rolls, Sands directories, burials records, and cemetery inscriptions.
- Access historical, local newspapers in print, on microfilm, or online.
- Go online with Ancestry Library Edition, for access to Australian and international resources, available in any of our branch libraries.
- Request resources from other libraries through our document delivery service.
- Let us link you to free genealogical websites and local family history groups.
Family History Resources
The library has wide range of family history research guides including research guides, local history books from the region and information on local burials.
ARCHIVES RESOURCES KIT - A collection of the most popular colonial records, provided by State Records NSW. Macquarie Regional Library Dubbo Branch is one of only 40 community access points established across NSW to provide access to this kit.
ANCESTRY LIBRARY EDITION - For genealogical and historical research. Includes over 4000 databases containing records from Australia, US, UK, NZ, Canada, Europe and more (access in the library only).
INTERNET HISTORY RESOURCES - Historical documents which can help trace people who lived and worked in NSW during 1850 - 1920. Records include Directories, Electoral Rolls, Miners Leases, Land Records, etc.
Family History Links