What can I do with my library card?
Borrow and reserve items from the library collection
You can borrow and return items from any of the libraries. You may borrow up to 20 items at a time, with a limit of 5 DVDs and 5 CDs within these 20 items. The loan period for most items is 3 weeks, with magazines and DVDs having a one week loan period.
You can also borrow digital items from the library's ecollections. You can borrow up to 5 ebooks and 5 eaudio books and unlimited emagazines at a time. The loan period for these digital items is also 3 weeks or unlimited for emagazines.
Login to your account online to manage your loans and reserve items.
For the convenience of other members, and to avoid overdue fees, items borrowed should be returned by the due date. You can login to the My Library area of the catalogue to view your loans and due dates. Fees are applied to all overdue items except for our ebooks, eaudio and emagazines.
How to Reserve an item
You can reserve up to 10 items at a time from the Library Catalogue. You will be notified when the item is available for you.
•Find the item you want in the Library Catalogue
•Select it by clicking on the title
•Click on the “Place Reservation” button
•Complete your details using your library card number and PIN
•You will be notified when the reserve becomes available
How to renew your loans
You can renew items once, provided the items are not overdue or reserved. You may renew your loans in person, by telephone or online.
In Person - Visit any Macquarie Regional Library branch during opening hours. Please bring your library card with you.
By Phone - Phone any Macquarie Regional Library branch during opening hours. Please have your library card number ready.
Online - To renew online:
• Go to the library catalogue and Login with your Borrower ID and Password/PIN (if you do not have a password contact the library)
• Your borrower details will be displayed. Under the Summary click on Current loans.
• Click in the box in the renewal column corresponding with the titles you want to renew and click on Renew Selections.
• A new page will indicate a Renewed message and date due.
If you receive a Not Renewed message the reason may be any of the following:
• The title (or other titles on your card) is overdue.
• The title has been reserved by another borrower.
• You have exceeded the renewals allowed for the item.